Today's 12pm (EST) online class
How to Write Your Way Through Writers' Block
class is all about solving the problems with finis that have been plaguing you every time you sit down to write your story.
You see the story so clearly in your head. You hear the character's voices and know the leads inside and out which is why you're playing the lead (holler).
You've got this story in you, but when you put fingers to keyboard or pen to paper, what comes out is boring "telling me details" instead of showing a compelling, magically human story.
Or you write and it's never as good as you saw it in your head, in your dreams and the story is all over the place or unclear.
Yes, I know this problem well....my first play, Liberty City took me 5 years to write...
So, please don't talk to me about the death of writers' block...cuz lord, don't I know it well.
So, what's the problem and how are we going to fix this?
Well, it's writer's block which is essentially not writing
Writer's block keeps you from writing because you know or fear that it won't be any good.
Or you spend hours and hours researching and never writing.
Or you read it and nothing is happening in the first 25 pages.
Or you read it and you realize you're trying to tell too many stories at the same time, so the script is a hot mess....
...but there is a way around it and that's what I'm teaching in tomorrow's online class at 12pm (EST).
I will never be teaching a class about writer's block for FREE ever again...THIS WAS A LOT OF WORK TO PUT TOGETHER...but I have so many clients who are so close with their scripts right now...so, this freebie is on me to help you make it to the finish line so, it's this time or never folks.
But so necessary...
Angela, Justine, Julia, Soyini, Shetal, Toni, Hilary, Iona, Chante and Jennifer have already hopped on board this class and/or the Writers Retreat Feb 24-25 **(which is half full and only 3 days left to register. BTW)**
During today's FREE class, you'll leave with solutions to the following problems....meaning things you can do right now to start writing:**
How to find character's voice & authentic dialogue
Use April's kickass DreamingOutLoud Technique which involves learning the skill of deeply connective listening to your characters. And how to translate what you heard into dialogue that remains true to the characters's truth...their voice....
How do you overcome writer’s block?
The DreamingOutLoud Writers Technique also has several other components which we'll look at during tomorrow's class:
1. How to figure out your four major emotional chords which are your life lessons you were put here to learn
2. How to create characters and dialogue related to these four life lessons by creating problems for the characters which cause them to take action
3. How to interview and record characters' stories to find the voice & ultimately the story
How Do I Find My Story & I don't know where to start?
We're going to work on April's Morning Writer Ritual step-by-step in this class which includes:
1. How to Write Without Knowing Where to Start or Where you're going = the morning pages on crack (trust me, this one's so good)
2. The Questions (I talk about in my TED talk), we're going to learn how to ask those questions to create scenes, monologues & character arcs
3. The Lists: How to create lists that generate tons of writing. The lists are like writer prompts that give you flashes of what the story could be if you only knew where to begin or what to write about. The Lists solves the problem of "where should I start and what the fuck am I writing about."
My story is a hot mess because I know jackshit about structure.
You'll get a copy of
- April's Script Format Outline,
- How to Create Real Characters, Real Dialogue Handbook
Write a pilot that I star in, which is picked up and goes to Series on a fancy cable network or Netflix/Amazon like Lena Waithe (Chi, Master of None), Isa Rae (Insecure), Justin Simien (Dear White People)
April's Operation Slay: Branding/Marketing & Strategic Planning for your Dream Project.
We will Break Down the 1,2,3 punch to make this happen for you in 2018 from creating story, organizing the throughline, finishing the script, raise money and produce it.
Tomorrow is basically the Get Down of All Get Downs, so you really don't want to miss it.
Tomorrow@noon we will cover these points in detail. But if you want to nail down a full 15 hours of working on your writing, structure and business strategy, then you might want to jump on the [Writers Retreat](https://www.thedreamunlocked.com/buy-dreaming-out-loud-writers-retreat-949923.html) now.
There are only 4 spots left.
**And the first person to log onto tomorrow's FREE Writers Class gets $100 discount on the Writers Retreat.**
Let's. Do. This.
You can log onto the class here at 11:55am (EST).
Love, Light & Power,
April & TheDreamUnLocked Team
P.S. The first person to log onto today's FREE Writers Class gets $100 discount on the Writers Retreat.