Remember our top 25 Reasons Why You're not Making Your Own Work?
Whether it's branching out on your own
to start your your own business,
to finishing that novel
to starting that solo play;
why are you still holding onto this idea that you're incapable of writing your own story?
Your life story is the single
most important one you'll ever tell.
Be sure to rewrite often to make sure it’s the story you want to tell
Here's the current story I keep hearing from so many of my clients:
1. I’m not good enough
2. I’m too old
3. I’m too late getting started
4. I’m never going to be a writer
5. I’ll always doubt myself
6. I’m black woman that no one cares about
7. There's no one who looks like me doing what I dream of doing.
8. I will always be a failure.
9. I will never succeed
10. My family was right, I'm not good enough.
11. I’m lazy and always will be.
12. I’m just average.
13. There is always someone more talented than me.
14. My butt/hips are too big to be on TV.
15. There are skinner girls than me.
16. No one will like my stories, much less pay for them to be made.
17. I’m always going to be mediocre.
18. No one puts a girl with (insert fake notion) on TV.
19. I’m not light skinned or biracial or white-looking, so I won't have a big career like Halle Berry.
20. I have the body that Kardashians pay for, but I would never get the doors open for me like them because I am not a white woman.
21. I’m not white so my work won’t be valued.
22. I don’t have anything new to add to the conversation as an actor or writer.
23. I’m not creative or smart enough.
24. I don’t have a MFA from Yale, NYU or Julliard so no agent will want to sign me.
25. I will never find my purpose.
26. I'm too fat to (insert dream)
Here's how we're going to rewrite it.
I Am Enuf
we’re going to
download & destroy
beliefs one by one
bec they’re bullshit & not the Song
your Soul is
destined to sing