Writers Block is not writing.
That's the result, but what’s the cause? that's the cause
1. Not making writing a daily habit
2. Writing only when you feel inspired
3. Editing as you write
4. Thinking that all writing must be brillant
5. Not doing the morning pages
6. Too much social media
7. Finding the time to write
9. Fear that what you write may not be very good
10. You’re afraid your family will be mad at you for writing about them
10 Things You Can Do Right Now To Fix Writers Block
1.Go for a walk.
2. Take Yourself on a artist date: all by yourself, go somewhere you've never been before and write down what you're experiencing and take photos to stick in your journal as your writing
3. Tell a friend the story of your first date. Record it and then transcribe it.
4. Read a Book that you've never read before. When you're done, jot down 10 things that stuck with you.
5. Go on a Treasure Hunt: Make a list of 10 Things you love, then go outside for 2 hours and try to find them. Take a photo, write a journal entry describing how you found it and how it made you feel
6.What’s your guilty pleasure that you’ve never told anyone? Mine is binging on historical romantic fantasy novels with a touch of magic especially Jacqueline Carey...I thought this was a useless habit...until I came across this line:
“Even a stunted tree reaches for the light”
I closed the book and wrote a heroine’s journey based on that quote. It fired my soul.
7.Find your guilty pleasure and live it out. It will feed your imagination & set your soul on fire.
8.What have you always dreamed of doing, but never done? Do it.
9.Turn off phone, computers, social media: completely unplug for one hour. What happened at the end of that hour?
10.Turn on your favorite dance playlist and dance like you’re burning down the club.
11.How do you want to meet your soul mate? Get up and improv that scene out in your bedroom.